ENROLLMENT INFORMATION FOR 2018-19
CJCP is a public charter school serving grades Kindergarten through 4, and 6 through 12 during the 2018-19 school year. Applications may be submitted online at www.cjcollegeprep.org, and are due March 1, 2018.
· January 1 – March 1, 2018: The initial application to enter the lottery is accepted
· Saturday, January 27, 2018: Open House, 10 am (Elementary) & 1 pm (Middle and High School), 101 Mettlers Rd., Somerset, NJ 08873
· Sunday, January 28, 2018: Open House, 12 pm (all grades), 115 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, 08901 (Holy Family Parish School Auditorium)
· Saturday, February 3, 2018: Open House, 10 am (all grades), 115 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, 08901 (Holy Family Parish School Auditorium)
· Sunday, February 11, 2018: Open House, 12 pm (Elementary) & 2 pm (Middle and High School), 101 Mettlers Rd., Somerset, NJ 08873
· Thursday, February 15, 2018: Open House, 6:30 pm (all grades), 115 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, 08901 (Holy Family Parish School Auditorium)
· Thursday, February 22, 2018: Open House, 6 pm 101 Mettlers Rd., Somerset, NJ 08873 (all grades), 101 Mettlers Rd., Somerset, NJ 08873
· March 8, 2018: Admission lottery is conducted
· March 9 – 26, 2018: Enrollment paperwork is submitted to the school by lottery winners
· March 27, 2018: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list
- Is free to all families. CJCP does not charge tuition.
- Is an open enrollment public charter school. CJCP is open to all students in New Jersey on a space-available basis with preference given to students from Franklin Township, City of New Brunswick, and Township of North Brunswick.
- Selects students to enroll through an open-public, random lottery. The lottery will be held at the school building on March 8 at 6 pm. Parents and students are encouraged to attend the lottery.
Applications submitted for years prior to the 2018-2019 school year are not carried over to the 2018-2019 school year. Therefore, you must reapply for the 2018-2019 school year if your child(ren) has not been previously admitted to CJCP. No application is needed for current CJCP students that are returning next year.
If you have a student currently attending CJCP and are interested in enrolling your other child(ren), an online application must be submitted for each sibling in a timely manner.
Any false information provided on the application form may disqualify the application.
The lottery will be held on March 8, 2018 at the CJCP auditorium. It is open to the public and all parents/students are welcome to attend. All applications received by the deadline will be included in the lottery except siblings of current CJCP students since they receive admission preference for available slots. The lottery results showing the application confirmation number will be published on www.cjcollegeprep.org. All winners and wait listed applicants will be notified via email (to the email address provided to us on the application) immediately following the lottery.
Applicants who are not selected to enroll through the lottery will be automatically placed on the waiting list in the order determined by lottery.
Lottery winners will receive an invitation via e-mail indicating the specific paperwork necessary to complete the registration process. A parent or legal guardian is required to come to the school and complete the registration process in person during the enrollment period ( March 9 – March 26, 2018).
Kindergarten Cut Off Dates:
Franklin - October 31st
New Brunswick - October 15th
North Brunswick - October 1st
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1- Is there an eligibility requirement to apply and to enroll?
There is no eligibility requirement to apply. As long as the student is eligible to attend the designated district school in the traditional school district to which the student is assigned, an application may be submitted for that child.
2- Does CJCP offer special education services?
Yes. CJCP offers special education services. Being a public school, CJCP follows all applicable New Jersey regulations, Individual with Disabilities Education Act, and Section 504 with respect to special education services in public schools.
3- Does CJCP offer services for English Language Learners?
Yes. CJCP offers the English as a Second Language (ESL) programs. Being a public school, CJCP complies with the New Jersey Department of Education regulations pertaining to the ESL services.
4- Does CJCP offer Advanced Placement (AP) courses and college-level courses?
Yes. CJCP offer select AP courses and college-level courses based on the students’ needs.
5- Does CJCP give enrollment preference to siblings?
Yes. CJCP gives enrollment preference to siblings of students currently attending CJCP provided that there is a space available. Parents are still required to submit an application for a sibling by March1, 2018.
6- Do the parents have to reapply every year?
Parents of currently-enrolled students do not need to reapply for the same students. Parents of students who were wait-listed in previous years are required to reapply every year until the student is selected to enroll through the random lottery.
7- How will the parents of students who win the lottery to enroll be informed of the registration procedure?
CJCP will inform the parents via email and phone calls. Lottery results will also be posted on the CJCP’s website. Enrollment procedure for CJCP are the same as those for traditional public schools, and will be posted on the CJCP’s website. Parents will be asked to submit documents between March 9 - 26, 2018 to complete the enrollment process. Any remaining seats that are not filled with the students who win the lottery will be filled with students from the wait list.