Mission & Vision
The mission of Central Jersey College Prep Charter School (CJCP) is to provide academic and social challenges and opportunities for students to attain the skills necessary for success in post-secondary education.
CJCP serves its mission by offering rigorous academic programs, college and career counseling, and extracurricular enrichment activities.
- Academic Programs:
- Individualized instruction
- Students are encouraged to take and placed in honors, Advance Placement, and college-level courses as deemed appropriate.
- Remediation are offered for students who need extra help.
- Increased integration of technology including smart classrooms, one to one Chromebook program, and electronic textbooks
- Promotes self-learning and inquiry in an effort to ensure that students become life-long learners
- Allows for flipped instruction
- Helps track progress and growth, identify strength and areas of improvement, and design support services such as remediation
- College entrance exam preparation
- SAT/ACT preparation as a part of the daily schedule
- Supplemental SAT/ACT prep courses on weekends
- College and Career Counseling:
- College admissions counseling
- Career counseling
- Scholarship search
- Assistance with financial aid forms
- Course selections guidance
- College application assistance
- College campus visits
- Extracurricular Enrichment Programs:
- College Mentorship Program
- Competitive academic activities: Robotics, Science & Engineering Fair, Science Olympiad, Model UN, Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Mathcount, Debate, etc.
- Non-competitive activities: Clubs – Math, Games, Book, Photography, Red Cross America, Charity Club, etc.
- Sport teams: Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, etc.
- Music: Band, Orchestra, Glee Club, etc.
CJCP also implements research-proven and field-tested instructional and organizational strategies including but not limited to low-student teacher ratio, small classroom sizes, supplemental instruction for remediation, and data-driven decision making. As a result, CJCP has earned many prestigious recognitions and awards by governmental and private institutes such as the U.S. Department of Education, New Jersey Department of Education, JerseyCAN and the U.S. News. Please visit our Awards & Achievements page for further details.
Dr. Namik Sercan
Chief Education Officer